A key component to the Safe & Humane effort is the Oklahoma Roundtable for Animal Welfare, a twice-yearly meeting of leaders in the field. Roundtable membership consists of civic, nonprofit, and industry top executives who work together for the well-being of Oklahoma animals and the people who care for them. Moreover, each member represents a unique organization with a distinct mission, strategy, and philosophy.
Members of the roundtable will:
- Engage professionally and respectfully with other members of the Roundtable.
- Learn and share best practices in the treatment of animals.
- Identify salient issues in animal welfare that impact specific fields and share those issues.
- Educate the public, including young people, about animal concerns through unique and perhaps unified programming efforts.
- Lead discussions or make presentations about individual nonprofit/organizations to colleagues and the general public.
- Influence their community or industry in ways that improve the lives of animals.
For more information about the Oklahoma Roundtable for Animal Welfare and its members, please go to: www.oklahomaanimals.org