WE INVITE THOSE INTERESTED IN PROMOTING ACTIVE COMPASSION FOR ANIMALS AND OTHERS IN THEIR STATE AND NATION TO COME TO THIS ENERGIZING EVENT.
ATTRIBUTES OF ATTENDANCE
• Gain insight into the current topics of discussion and concern facing those in the animal wellbeing fields and what others are doing to overcome those challenges
• Actively support animals and learn how you can begin and sustain initiatives in your own community
• Learn what animal wellbeing resources are available to Oklahomans and those in the surrounding regions
• Take part in an energizing conference format that will leave you excited to get back to your community and share what you have learned
• Meet and develop relationships with other like-minded animal advocates
• Breakfast, lunch, and breaks for both days of the conference
• Two days of informative general sessions
• Opportunities to network with individuals from different parts of the animal wellbeing field who work throughout the United States and in all areas of Oklahoma
•Continuing Education credits
WHAT ARE THE COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR ANIMAL 2021?
AT THE CONFERENCE:
•The 2021 conference is smaller in scale from prior conferences and 50 percent of the theatre space capacity.
•Masks will be required in the building during the conference.
• Seating is designed to provide more space between people with fewer seats per table at meal functions. Attendees are asked to remain with their selected seat throughout the day; seating will be cleaned at the conclusion of Day One.
• The in-house catering team and waitstaff are implementing the highest cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
• Conference staff has reduced touch points at registration, meals, and other aspects of the event.
• All sessions will be in one room with no breakout sessions to limit movement and points of contact; no designated “bathroom breaks,” in order to eliminate lines and congregating.
• The venue and event team will clean high-touch areas throughout the day.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the venue and in conference tote bags.WHAT YOU CAN DO TO CREATE A SAFE ENVIRONEMENT AT THE CONFERENCE:
• Get vaccinated if you haven't already done so.
• Wear a mask while inside the venue, during breaks, moving around, and when on any shared transportation. Mask are encouraged and will be provided at registration.
• Wash your hands frequently.
• If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 prior to the conference, we ask that you do not attend. Please contact email@example.com to cancel your registration.
• Implement social distancing and reduce points of contact as you interact with other guests. Keep hugs and handshakes to a minimum.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE ANIMAL CONFERENCE
IF I AM NOT FROM OKLAHOMA, CAN I STILL ATTEND THE CONFERENCE?
Of course. In fact, we welcome attendees from around the globe to attend the two-day conference. Kirkpatrick Foundation’s Safe & Humane initiative is to make Oklahoma one of the safest and most humane places to be an animal, but we endeavor to inspire communities elsewhere. In order to make our state a safer place, we encourage those in other areas of the country to contribute, expand, and share their knowledge and commitment to animal wellbeing.
IS THIS CONFERENCE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ADVOCATE FOR ANIMAL RIGHTS?
Kirkpatrick Foundation’s Safe & Humane initiative and the ANIMAL Conference 2021support the idea of animal wellbeing. We welcome all in the animal wellbeing community who are respectful to differing points of view. Sometimes, language and terminology can be polarizing, and we have found that the phrase “animal rights” is both intentionally and unintentionally divisive. The Safe & Humane conference is designed to bring concerned and interested people together to study and communicate about the current issues and future trends of animal wellbeing.
ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE ANIMAL CONFERENCE 2021 TAKE PLACE?
The official dates of The ANIMAL Conference 2021 are Friday, August 27, and Saturday, August 28, 2021. This conference will be held at Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center on Friday and Saturday. Pre-conferences activities have not been determined yet.
ARE MEALS INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION?
Yes. Breakfast, snack, and lunch will be offered both days of the conference. This is a vegan conference.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
Attire is business casual. Feel free to be comfortable in slacks, denim, polo shirts, sweaters, blazers, blouses and most importantly, comfortable shoes. We recommend you dress in layers as temperatures in meeting rooms can vary.
IS THERE ACCESSIBILITY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AT THE OKLAHOMA CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER?
Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center complies with the regulations set by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please email Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center events manager, should you need any special accommodations.
WHERE SHOULD I PARK DURING THE EVENT?
Free parking is available on the east side of Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center. For more details about the center, please visit https://oklahomacontemporary.org/contact.
ARE THERE SOCIAL MEDIA HASHTAGS?
Yes! We'd love for you to share your participation by tagging @kirkpatrickfdn and using general hashtags such as #ANIMAL2021, #ThinkGlobalActLocal, and #Oklahoma. The more positive attention we can bring to animals in the United States, the more mainstream these conversations become.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE ANIMAL CONFERENCE 2021?
On this website. A link to the registration page is found at the top of this website. Registration has not yet opened for the conference. Note that scholarships are available. Please inquire with Manda Overturf Shank, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
I HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM REGARDING MY REGISTRATION.
Please call Factor 110 operations manager at (405) 604-0041.
CAN I CANCEL MY REGISTRATION?
Full refunds, less a $50 cancellation fee will be honored for all cancellations received, in writing, by July 21, 2021. No refunds will be made for cancellations received after that date and registrants will be responsible for the full conference fee. Send cancellations to Factor 110 operations manager at (405) 604-0041.
HOW DO I MAKE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Hotel room reservations can be made by visiting the Skirvin Hilton Hotel website or by calling (405) 272-3040. For more information about accommodations, visit our Location page for more details. Ask for the ANIMAL Conference room block for a discounted rate.
WHAT IS THE CLOSEST AIRPORT TO THE ANIMAL CONFERENCE 2021?
Will Rogers World Airport – Oklahoma City (OKC) it is located approximately fifteen minutes away from the Skirvin Hilton Hotel.